An important part of your routine dental care includes having a complete dental exam and checkup.
Dental Exam and Checkup
Regular dental exams and checkups are an essential part of your preventative health care plan. An important part of your routine dental care includes having a complete dental exam and checkup. It is crucial to compliment your at-home efforts by scheduling a dental exam and checkup twice a year at a minimum.
A dental exam is just not for when you are experiencing tooth pain, or you accidentally chip or break a tooth. Consistent dental exams and checkups are the best way to proactively prevent emergencies, like cavities, gum pain or infections, from happening. While some emergencies cannot be prevented, such as an accident; issues like tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer can all be detected at an exam and treated, therefore avoiding future problems.
The entire team at Missouri River Dental is committed to providing a patient experience unlike any other. The foundation of that philosophy is our personable and professional staff. We collectively strive to blend technology, art, and healthcare for each patient. Our goal is to provide you with an individualized patient experience unlike any other you have had at a dental office. We strive to create a positive and comfortable atmosphere for our patients while still meeting their dental needs, wishes, and exceeding expectations. Call us today at 701-751-7177 or enter your request online to schedule an appointment for your dental exam and checkup. You can conveniently find Missouri River Dental at 1600 Uptown Lane, Bismarck, ND, 58503.
Your Expectations at a Dental Exam and Checkup
During your dental exam and checkup with Missouri River Dental, we will always examine your mouth with various dental instruments and specialized tools. These will help us perform a thorough checkup of your teeth and gums and to also perform various examinations of your mouth. Here are some common issues identified in an exam:
- Tooth decay- We will check each tooth for weakening enamel, any fractures, or areas of plaque buildup which are signs of potential decay, cavities, or infection.
- X-rays- These images allow us to review what is going on below the surface of your gums. X-rays will show us how healthy a tooth is, how the roots look below the gum line, and if there are any growths, cysts, tumors, or places of decay. Once we have x-rays to compare from previous visits to the current one, we will have more data to monitor the progression of your dental health.
- Gum disease – We will exam closely your gums and your teeth near the gum line to check for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Existing restorations- We will check all dental fillings, crowns, or other restorations for signs of serious wear and tear that can result in future problems.
- Oral cancer screening- Our considerate team will closely scrutinize your teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, lips, and throat for signs of cancer or abnormal growths that could use further investigation.
- Education- Our patient and pleasant team will review with you the best ways to keep your mouth healthy at home. It might be tips on how to brush and floss to which areas of your mouth might need more attention. We might even share suggestions regarding your diet that may include avoiding sugar, increasing daily water intake and which foods to eat to get the nutrients you need to maintain a strong and healthy smile.
MISSOURI RIVER DENTAL
“I believe in comprehensive, quality oral health care that is patient-centered. I strive to create a positive and comfortable experience for each patient while still meeting their dental needs, wishes and expectations.”
MISSOURI RIVER DENTAL
At Missouri River Dental, our goal is to create an exceptional patient experience. We strive to exceed that experience through being compassionate, clinically thorough and providing excellent communication.
Every little detail matters,
first-class dental care matters.
Deep Teeth Cleaning Information
Even patients who meticulously brush and floss twice a day, visit Missouri River Dental twice a year, and maintain healthy diets will still run into issues with gum disease. When we detect gum disease during an exam, we will recommend a more thorough deep cleaning focusing on cleaning below the gum line with specific dental tools. This is called scaling and root planing, or a deep cleaning, and it will remove tartar buildup, debris, and bacteria from the teeth below the gums, which is the source of the inflammation of your gums. If not addressed, it will lead to more serious stages of gum disease which can include tooth and bone loss.
Keeping Your Visits to A Minimum
No one should avoid the dentist all together, but you certainly can keep your appointments to a minimum. By simply brushing twice a day, for two minutes each time, using a fluoride toothpaste and soft brush is a healthy start. Flossing is also an important part of your daily routine which will remove food particles left between the teeth and loosens plaque building up between the teeth. You can also add a rinse with a mouth wash or antibacterial rinse to help your gums to stay healthy. Eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water and avoiding high sugar and high acid foods will help proactively stay with just your two preventative exams a year.
Changing the Dental Experience Norm
One Patient at a Time
Missouri River Dental provides you with a clean, comfortable, and modern feel. Our team goal is to provide you with the best possible care utilizing the most current dental technologies and services. The entire team at Missouri River Dental focuses on providing comprehensive, quality oral health care that is always centered on you, our patient. We appreciate the value of your time. That is why we are flexible with our hours of operation; open early, open late, and open Saturdays. Call us now at 701-751-7177 or make your appointment online for your personal evaluation and consultation during a dental exam and checkup. Our office is located at 1600 Uptown Lane, Bismarck, ND, 58503.