Porcelain veneers will correct cosmetic issue ranging from discoloration, broken or chipped teeth, tooth spacing, and even mild crowding.
Porcelain veneers are slender pieces of porcelain that can be created to cover the front surface of your natural teeth. These pieces are bonded over the tooth and can be a restorative alternative to traditional crowns.
If you are wanting to improve aesthetic dental issues regarding the shade, spacing, or even the size of your teeth, then porcelain veneers might be perfect for you. Porcelain veneers will correct cosmetic issue ranging from discoloration, broken or chipped teeth, tooth spacing, and even mild crowding.
The entire team at Missouri River Dental is committed to providing a patient experience unlike any other. The foundation of that philosophy is our personable and professional staff. We collectively strive to blend technology, art, and healthcare for each patient. Our goal is to provide you with an individualized patient experience unlike any other you have had at a dental office. We strive to create a positive and comfortable atmosphere for our patients while still meeting their dental needs, wishes, and exceeding expectations. Call us today at 701-751-7177 or enter your request online to schedule an appointment for your evaluation regarding the benefits of porcelain veneers for you. You can conveniently find Missouri River Dental at 1600 Uptown Lane, Bismarck, ND, 58503.
The Porcelain Veneers Procedure
There are three steps necessary for the porcelain veneers process: the consultation, the preparation, and the placement.
- Consultation- To confirm that porcelain veneers are the correct solution for you, you will begin with a consultation appointment with Missouri River Dental. Identifying your goals and health objectives at this appointment will help clarify if porcelain veneers are appropriate. We can also review the veneer options and color shades available.
- Preparation- At your preparation appointment, we will start with the preparation of the teeth receiving the veneers by making some room. We will remove a thin layer of the tooth enamel. This procedure is painless, but we can offer you the option for anesthesia if you are feeling uncomfortable. Next, Missouri River Dental will take an impression of your teeth to use to guide and create the fresh look you are hoping for with your veneers. We will also confirm the appropriate shade of porcelain to either match the current color of your teeth or your selected color if you are intending to correct any discoloration. Your veneers will now be created at the dental lab before they are ready for bonding.
- Placement- The last appointment is gratifying. Your veneers will be ready for final placement, and you will leave with a healthy and restored smile. First, we will make sure the veneers match the color and shape desired. We might need to trim slightly before the bonding begins if they need slight modification. After the veneers meet our expectations, we need to perform a general cleaning, polishing, and then etching of the surfaces of the teeth. Etching is to roughen up the front surface by using an abrasive dental liquid for the veneers to adhere to the teeth. Finally, a bonding cement will be added before placing the veneers on the teeth. If the cement needs any assistance in drying, a light will be used to quicken the curing, drying process. When the cement has cured, your treatment is finished.
MISSOURI RIVER DENTAL
“I believe in comprehensive, quality oral health care that is patient-centered. I strive to create a positive and comfortable experience for each patient while still meeting their dental needs, wishes and expectations.”
MISSOURI RIVER DENTAL
At Missouri River Dental, our goal is to create an exceptional patient experience. We strive to exceed that experience through being compassionate, clinically thorough and providing excellent communication.
Every little detail matters,
first-class dental care matters.
Other Versions of Veneers Available
There are distinct types of veneers available to restore your healthy smile. You may want to review these options with Missouri River Dental during your consultation to make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most popular version, porcelain is both durable and long-lasting. Ceramic layers are comprised of dentin and enamel to match a natural look and an excellent fit. There will be some limited reduction in your natural tooth size with this method.
- Minimal Prep- As the name suggests, minimal prep veneers can be placed with truly little preparation to the teeth before bonding. A small amount of the tooth still must be removed before the veneers are placed, allowing you to keep more natural tooth structure in comparison to traditional porcelain veneers.
- Prepless- This option requires no reduction to the natural teeth before placement. Prepless veneer shells are the thinnest porcelain pieces available that lay over the existing teeth like traditional porcelain veneers. If you are trying to correct several dental issues this might not be your best choice.
- Composite- If you are looking for a more affordable restoration, composite veneers may be your best option. There is little to no preparation needed for the teeth before placing this restoration. Composite veneers can be just as effective in correcting dental issues. They do not last as long, requiring replacement in five to ten years.
Porcelain Veneers Aftercare
You could experience some tooth sensitivity after your veneers are placed when dealing with hot and cold foods or drinks. This side effect will subside in a few weeks.
After achieving this improved smile, you want to make sure you are taking the time to maintain your veneers to ensure a long-lasting result. If you grind your teeth, you need to wear a night guard while sleeping. Veneers do not do well with clenching and twisting and can crack or fracture. You will be encouraged to avoid harder foods such as dense nuts or ice that will also cause stress on your new veneers.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are often used to correct these dental issues:
- Teeth that are discolored.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Teeth that have become worn down.
- Stains from tetracycline or other drugs.
- Excessive fluoride treatments.
- Large, visible dental fillings.
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped.
- Teeth with gaps between them.
Changing the Dental Experience Norm
One Patient at a Time
Missouri River Dental provides you with a clean, comfortable, and modern feel. Our team goal is to provide you with the best possible care utilizing the most current dental technologies and services. The entire team at Missouri River Dental focuses on providing comprehensive, quality oral health care that is always centered on you, our patient. We appreciate the value of your time. That is why we are flexible with our hours of operation; open early, open late, and open Saturdays. Call us now at 701-751-7177 or make your appointment online for your personal evaluation and consultation regarding the benefits of porcelain veneers for you. Our office is located at 1600 Uptown Lane, Bismarck, ND, 58503.